Previously, I was President, partner and Chief Compliance Officer at JWA Financial Group. In addition to the pleasure of working with a great team and hundreds of clients, I had the privilege of co-hosting (with the firm’s founder, Jim Whiddon) a weekly financial radio show. It was an honor to interview such notable financial thinkers as John Bogle, Eugene Fama, Robert Reich and Arthur Levitt.
I started my career in 1998 at another prominent Dallas financial planning firm, Carter Financial Management. There I had the opportunity to work at one of the first firms to promote comprehensive financial planning (way back in 1975), with one of the most recognized financial planning teams in the country.
In short, I have been very lucky to work with or interview the best and brightest stars in the areas of financial planning, finance and investment management over the last decade and I devote every day to making sure that you benefit from their cumulative expertise.
I am fortunate to love my work and look forward to meeting with my clients and helping them achieve their financial goals each day. I believe that the New Dimensions Wealth Management mantra that money is only one dimension of wealth is as true for myself as it is for my clients. For this reason I have integrated my passion for work with my love for my family, research, study and travel over the years. As your financial advisor, I will urge you to do the same.
Education and Designations
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation
- MA, Economics, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- BA in International Business from the University of Texas, Austin
Boards, Committees and Pro Bono Work
(past & present)
- Advisory Board, Journal of Financial Planning
- Finance Committee, Stonebridge Ranch Homeowners Association (McKinney; Texas)
- Pro Bono Committee, Financial Planning Association (D/FW)
- Board of Directors, Financial Planning Association (D/FW)
- Committee on Professional Issues, Financial Planning Association (National)
- Board of Directors, Agape Medical Clinic (Dallas)
- Named one of the “Best Financial Planners in Dallas” in every D Magazine survey since 2004